Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why...

So I've debated doing a fashion blog for quite some time now.  While I love fashion I don’t consider myself an expert by any means but I have been told by multiple friends and family members I should do it and share my tips on looking good and feeling good about what you spend. I love fashion and following all the new trends but also can’t afford to spend $900+ on a pair of shoes, I have a house mortgage I have to make every month so I have to opt for something a little more in my own budget reality. I also don't like looking cheap though.

I’m a firm believer in spending money on “investment” pieces that you’re going to wear 100+ times. Good quality pair of work pants, jeans, watches, etc. For instance one of my favorite pieces of jewelry is my Michael Kors Rose Gold watch which costs $250 but considering I wear it probably 6 out of 7 days a week it’s more than paid for itself. You also have to consider that what works for my budget may not work for yours. What I may consider reasonably priced may be too much for someone else and what I consider expensive might be pennies to another.

I believe one of the most important things when I’m shopping is being practical and honest with myself. Am I going to wear this more than once or twice? Is it going to hold up or fall apart after one wash? Do I already have something that looks just like this? Is it comfortable enough for me to wear longer than 2 hours? Can I walk in these shoes? Can I afford it?  Is this a trend worth investing in or will it be "out" next season? That’s the hard thing I think about fashion blogs is that everyone’s style and situation is different. So this blog is what I’ve found has worked for me and I hope people can take different aspects of it and make it work into their situation for their lives.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! I love following fashion blogs like Pink Peonies and Hello Fashion. They are fun and sometimes i just have to live through them cause i cant afford many of the things in their wardrobes. I am kind of a cheap girl. It depends on what things are cause i will spend more on other things. Anyway fashion is so fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete